Tetra’s Continued Support for HSE Roadshows
Tetra were delighted to be invited along again, to attend the recent HSE Working from Height in Construction Event at Durham County Cricket Club.
The event was very well attended and all credit to the organising team of Debbie Flynn and her colleagues.
The days began with a brief introduction by local HSE Construction Inspector, Martin Smith, covering the broad requirements of the Work at Height Regulations, including
• the most important risk areas and the hierarchy of precautions which may be used to manage these risks,
• planning the work and selecting the most appropriate equipment.
This was then followed by a rolling programme of talks and practical demonstrations on the following topics:
• Ladders and safety systems – practical demonstration
• Choosing the right equipment – an introduction to HSE’s Toolkit
• Scaffold design and standards – practical demonstration
• Life after an accident – guest speaker talks first-hand about the impact on his life
There was also a free exhibition with distributors and suppliers of new equipment, services, ideas and solutions.
All in all a very successful day, in a very unique setting.