Tetra Working at Height – Above and Below Ground
GENERAL CROSSRAIL INFO
• Crossrail is Europe’s largest construction project – work started in May 2009 and there are currently over 9,000 people working across over 40 construction sites.
• Over 35 million working hours have been completed on the Crossrail project so far.
• Crossrail will transform rail transport in London, increasing capacity by 10%, supporting regeneration and cutting journey times across the city.
• The Crossrail route will run over 100km from Maidenhead and Heathrow in the west, through new tunnels under central London to Shenfield and Abbey Wood in the east.
• There will be 38 Crossrail stations including 9 new stations at Paddington, Bond Street, Tottenham Court Road, Farringdon, Liverpool Street, Whitechapel, Canary Wharf, Custom House and Woolwich.
• Crossrail will bring an extra 1.5 million people to within 45 minutes of central London and will link London’s key employment, leisure and business districts – Heathrow, West End, the City, Docklands – enabling further economic development.
• The first Crossrail services through central London will start in late 2018 – an estimated 200 million annual passengers will use Crossrail.
• The total funding envelope available to deliver Crossrail is £14.8bn.